The AIFMD was due to be implemented across the European Union on 22 July 2013. In reality, a number of Member States missed the deadline. Many other Member States have introduced transitional periods affording both EU and non-EU managers temporary relief from the AIFMD’s application. Yet those transitional periods vary wildly in their availability and consequences. The result is that there is a significant lack of harmonisation across the EU. Managers both within and outside of the EU have a complex web of European and national legislation, rulemaking and guidance to navigate.
This session will consider the impact of the AIFMD on marketing activities, the transitional arrangements available in various countries, what do to in countries that have yet to implement the AIFMD, pre-investment disclosures, ESMA’s reporting guidelines, remuneration issues and many other aspects of the AIFMD as it operates in practice.
Following this session, participants should be able to:
- Discover the varying approaches taken to AIFMD implementation across the EU;
- Differentiate between transitional arrangements available to EU and non-EU managers in key jurisdictions;
- Recognise those areas of AIFMD that are relevant to them now and in the coming months;
- List a number of different approaches to the AIFMD taken in key EU Member States;
- Prepare themselves for interacting with regulators when they come calling; and
- Be able to apply practical steps to their businesses and structures to navigate through the AIFMD ‘web’.
Walter Zebrowski, JD, CPA, Principal, Hedgemony Partners
Chairman, Regulatory Compliance Association
Senior Fellow from Practice:
John Adams, JD, Counsel, Shearman & Sterling
Nina Garnham, JD, Associate, Shearman & Sterling
Giorgia Clements, JD, Trainee Solicitor, Shearman & Sterling
To Access This Title and the Host of Courses Contained Within the PracticeEdge Elite Course Catalog, Click Here to Subscribe to PracticeEdge Elite.