Date: June 2, 2015
General Session: 12 Noon to 1:30 PM
Location: Webcast (Free)
Interested in Continuing Compliance Education™, CLE or CPE (A & A hours)? Attend via the RCA’s Online University (On Demand) — Free for Practice Edge Elite Members
Regulation of Financial Organizations has changed significantly over the last few years and the changes are most apparent in the management of the organizations’ global entity structure. As part of the change, Government Regulatory reporting will require increasing accuracy and precision in Global Entity Management and representation of current and past organization structure, often represented in graphic organization charts.
We will provide an update on the provisions commonly known as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), which became law in March 2010, and its relationship to management of the organizations’ global entity structure.
We will also introduce the OECD’s Action Plan on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) published in 2013 and discuss how these regulations will continue to challenge Financial Organizations’ Global Entity Management systems and processes.
We will focus on how these regulatory schemes will require a current and accurate knowledge of entities owned or controlled since there is minimal materiality exclusion on the reporting of entities.
Students will master the following at the conclusion of this session:
- Define the proper requirements for a compliant entity management environment as it relates to the changing regulatory requirements
- Identify and focus on Entity Management for FATCA & BEPS
- Recognize the historical perspective on Entity Management requirements
- Comprehend FATCA entity reporting requirements
- Know the overview of BEPS
- Distinguish information requirements for BEPS
- Employ related process management for FATCA and BEPS
- Build an efficient process for Multi National Entity Management
Walter Zebrowski, JD, CPA, Principal, Hedgemony Partners
Chairman, Regulatory Compliance Association
Senior Fellow from Practice:
Rudy Escalante, Chief Executive Officer, ICSA Software North America
Don Chung, Esquire, LLM, Co-Founder & Chairman, Orbitax
Seth McNary, JD, Chief Executive Officer, Verbatim
Jarrod Simpson, Partner, Global & EMEIA Leader, Corporate Secretarial Support Services, Ernst & Young